Monday, May 2, 2011

Princess Cake

My 3 year old had a princess birthday party with her little friends last week. Everyone dressed up as a princess and it was adorable. For dinner, I made quesadillas and cut them out with princess cookie cutters. We also served fruit, veggies, and pink lemonade. Two teenage girls from my neighborhood came dressed as "real princesses." It was a hit! The little girls had so much fun. I also made this princess cake. I thought it turned out really cute.

Princess Cake


2 baked 9 inch round cakes
1 baked dome cake (baked in a 2 1/2 quart bowl)
barbie doll
6 cups frosting

Stack the two round cakes with frosting in between the layers. Frost with another layer of frosting and stack the dome cake on top to form a skirt. Frost the cake with desired frosting. Wrap the barbie doll's legs in plastic wrap and stick in the center of the cake. Decorate the cake however you like (piping, sprinkles, etc).

*Note: I made this cake using White Almond Sour Cream Cake. I thought it was the right amount of cake for this recipe; however my doll was a little too tall for the cake. I used a little extra frosting around the doll's waist to compensate. The frosting recipe was the exact amount that I needed. If you want to pipe some decoration on the dress, increase the recipe by half.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails