Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas

I know this isn't the greatest picture but I promise these quesadillas are so good. My husband was out of town a few weeks ago and I wanted to make something low maintenance for dinner since it was just me and the kids. I wanted to make something that was kid friendly but also something that I would enjoy. So I came up with this chicken mixture and made quesadillas. It was so delicious; so much better than I expected it to be. It was probably the best quesadilla I've ever had! The best part was there was enough left over for us to have it for dinner the next night. Bonus!


Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
1 lb chicken breast, cut into cubes
1/2 bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup salsa
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
shredded cheese
tortillas

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and green onions and cook until chicken is cooked through. Stir in beans, salsa, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Heat through, about 10 minutes. Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla on griddle. Place cheese on the top half of the tortilla. Top with chicken mixture. Fold up bottom of tortilla, making a half circle. Heat until bottom is lightly browned. Flip quesadilla and cook on the other side until lightly browned. Cut into triangles.

Makes about 8 quesadillas

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails