Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites

It was my 5 year old's turn to pick the treat for Family Home Evening and he said he wanted cinnamon rolls. I didn't really feel like making cinnamon rolls so I found this recipe on Picky Palate. They were very easy to make and my kids even helped. It was a fun family night activity for us to all make dessert together. These little cinnamon rolls were a big hit with my kids too. The whole pan was gone within five minutes!

Printable Recipe

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites
1 (12 oz) can refrigerated biscuits
3 Tbsp softened butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
6 Tbsp heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. Unroll biscuits onto a clean countertop. Press dough out into 3" wide circles. Spread each piece of dough with softened butter. Top evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon. Starting at the bottom of each piece, roll up jelly roll fashion and place seam side down on the counter. Cut into 1/2" slices and place on baking sheet. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Whisk together cream and powdered sugar. Drizzle over hot rolls. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Makes about 50-60 rolls

Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

1 comment:

Nicole said...

these look yummy. maybe I will treat my kids to these for breakfast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails