Friday, March 22, 2013

Bok Choy Salad

A few weeks ago, we had bok choy in our Bountiful Baskets. I thought this would be one of those weird ingredients that we sometimes get that I end up throwing out. Then I found this recipe for Bok Choy Salad. (I can't remember where I found it.) I thought it looked good and I had nothing to lose since I probably would just end up throwing it away if I didn't try this. I've never had bok choy before but it tastes a little like cabbage. I was pleasantly surprised with this salad. So if you ever have bok choy and you don't know what to do with it, this is a great salad!

Printable Recipe

Bok Choy Salad
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 (3 oz) pkg ramen noodles, crushed
1 medium head bok choy, chopped
3 green onions, sliced

For the dressing, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Set aside.

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add almonds, sesame seeds, and ramen. Saute until golden. Remove from heat.

Place bok choy and green onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with noodle mixture and dressing. Toss to coat evenly.

Past Recipes:
One year ago: Costa Vida Sweet Pork Burritos
Two years ago: Butter and Garlic Shrimp Penne
Three years ago: Texas Chili Pile-On

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails