Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chicken and Black Bean Burritos


We came home from vacation a few days ago and we had nothing to eat in our fridge. So I had to use what I had in my food storage. I actually came up with this on my own. I'm usually scared to do that because I'm so structured and not creative at all. I'm always afraid that if I put random ingredients together it's going to be gross. This was actually really good. I was very proud of myself for creating this. I think I'm starting to get a little more daring.

Printable Recipe

Chicken and Black Bean Burritos


1 lb chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can diced green chilies, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
shredded cheese
tortillas

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and brown for a few minutes. Add bell pepper and spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add green chilies and black beans. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Serve in tortillas with cheese. Can also serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, and tomatoes.

Serves 4-6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails