Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Like Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Frosting

If I had to choose any kind of cookie to eat, I would have sugar cookies with frosting. Every year on Valentine's Day I make these and frost them with the kids. It's such a fun tradition for us. This year I wanted to try a new frosting recipe. I used this sugar cookie recipe. They are the best sugar cookies. They're so soft. They remind me of Lofthouse cookies but they're not as thick. So I found this recipe for Lofthouse frosting to go with it. Delicious!!!

Printable Recipe

Just Like Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Frosting
adapted from Food.com

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
6 Tbsp milk or half & half
5 cups powdered sugar
food coloring

Cream butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Mix over low speed until well blended.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails