Monday, February 14, 2011

Lindt Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I made these cupcakes last night and they were a huge hit. One of my absolute favorite treats is Lindt Lindor Truffles. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make these cupcakes. They were so delicious!!! I didn't have quite enough truffles for the whole batch so I experimented and used some other chocolates I had. I recently discovered my new favorite chocolate. It's Hershey's Bliss milk chocolate with a raspberry meltaway center. I can't get enough of those. They're so addicting. I decided to use them for some of the cupcakes. Oh my goodness! It was so good. I almost think I like that better. But either way it was so delicious! 


Lindt Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
adapted from The Sisters Cafe

1 box devils food cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream
24 milk chocolate Lindt Lindor Truffles

Preheat oven to 350. Unwrap truffles and place in a bowl. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream. Mix well. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 5 minutes. Lightly press truffle into partially baked cupcakes. Bake for an additional 13-15 minutes. Cool completely then frost.


cream cheese frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
food coloring, if desired

To make frosting cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until mixed well. Add desired food coloring. 

Makes 24 cupcakes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails