Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grasshopper Cupcakes

For our young women's activity last week we did Cupcake Wars. I provided cake mixes for them to chose from. I also provided a bunch of random ingredients that they could chose from like cookies, candy, fruit. They were required to pick at least two ingredients to incorporate into their cupcakes. We split them into two teams. Half of them stayed at my house and the other half went over to another leader's house to bake. When we were finished, we had judges pick the best cupcake. It was a lot of fun! When I tasted this cupcake that the girls made, I thought it was one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. So I decided to share the recipe. I think I'm definitely going to make this again. Who knew a bunch of Mia Maids could create a cupcake so delicious?

Printable Recipe

Grasshopper Cupcakes
1 devils food cake mix
ingredients on the back of the box (eggs, water, oil)
1 package grasshopper cookies

Prepare cake mix as directed on the package. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place a grasshopper cookie at the bottom of each liner. Place remaining cookies in a large ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Pour crushed cookies in cake batter and stir to combine. Divide evenly among cupcake liners. Bake according to directions on the package. (I had to bake mine about 5 minutes longer.) Let cool before frosting.

Frosting:
6 Tbsp butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Hershey's chocolate bar for garnish

To make frosting, beat butter on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, mixing well. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in remaining sugar. Frost cooled cupcakes. Grate chocolate shavings on top of cupcakes.

Past Recipes:
One year ago: Chocolate Cake
Two years ago: Oreo Cupcakes
Three years ago: Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails