Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alice Springs Chicken

I've had this recipe for a while. I got it from a cookbook that my mother-in-law gave me. It has a bunch of recipes that people have submitted. After I had made it a few times I realized that Outback Steakhouse makes this. I altered the recipe slightly so I guess it's my own variation of it. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes that I make. It is so good. 


Printable Recipe


Alice Springs Chicken
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sliced mushrooms
8 slices bacon, cooked or precooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice


Mix together dijon, honey, vegetable oil, and lemon juice. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken. Marinate for a few hours. Saute mushrooms in 1 Tbsp butter. Place chicken in a baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Place bacon slices on top of chicken. Top with half of the cheese. Place sauteed mushrooms on top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails