Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

Like I said before, I rarely make breakfast. So if I ever post a breakfast recipe on here, chances are my husband made it. This morning he made stuffed french toast. It was so good. I'm usually not a big fan of waffles, pancakes, or french toast. It's too sweet for me first thing in the morning. But with this french toast, the cream cheese in the filling balances out the sweetness of the syrup. I loved it! The fun thing about this recipe is you can try different flavors of cream cheese and different berries so it can be different every time.


Printable Recipe


Stuffed French Toast 
1 loaf French bread
8 oz tub whipped cream cheese (any flavor)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or any other fruit you want), thawed and drained
6 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
salt and pepper 


Cut bread into 2 inch slices. In each piece of bread, cut a slit almost all the way through, creating a pocket. Combine cream cheese and berries. Spoon into the pockets in the bread. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Dip bread into egg mixture. Cook bread on both sides until done. Serve with syrup. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails