Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Caramel Snickers Brownies

I know this picture's not the best. The lighting wasn't great. We were at my mom's house and I was getting the kids their brownies and trying to find a place to take the picture. Then my ice cream started to melt so I had to hurry and take it. Just take my word, they're really good. These brownies are so rich and decadent. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan so they were almost too rich for me. I said almost... they were still delicious!  My husband loves rich chocolate so he really loved these brownies. I recommend serving it with vanilla ice cream to balance out the richness.

Printable Recipe

Caramel Snickers Brownies
adapted from Momma Hen's Kitchen

1 cup melted butter
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
caramel topping*
Snickers bar

*Caramel topping:
1 bag caramels or caramel bits
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Combine caramels and evaporated milk. Melt and stir until smooth. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter and cocoa until cocoa is dissolved. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt until blended. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Swirl with 1/2 cup caramel topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes. When cooled drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with chopped Snickers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails