Monday, October 4, 2010

Homemade BBQ Sauce

My husband is the king of sauces. He can whip up the most amazing sauces with any ingredients. I'm a little more cautious when it comes to cooking. I have to follow a recipe. I'm afraid if I start throwing different things together it's not going to taste good and my food will be ruined. I made BBQ Chicken Salad this weekend and I needed some sauce for the chicken. Normally I just use bottled sauce but I was out. So I asked my husband to whip up some bbq sauce for me. It was very good. I'm going to start using his recipe from now on.

Printable Recipe

Homemade BBQ Sauce


1 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp basil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic (1 clove, minced)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Grill chicken and baste with sauce.

*Makes enough sauce for about 8 chicken breasts

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails