Monday, April 11, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I had some sweet potatoes in my Bountiful Basket and I wasn't sure what to do with them. The only thing I could think of was Thanksgiving sweet potatoes but it's the wrong time of year.  I found this recipe and decided to try it. My kids loved it!!! They're good for you too because they're baked and not fried. We had barbecue chicken with sweet potato fries and grilled zucchini. Yum! It made me so excited for summer!

Printable Recipe

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

3 large sweet potatoes or yams
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano

Preheat oven to 425. Place 2 rimmed baking sheets in oven while it preheats. Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4-1/2 inch strips. Make sure they're all about the same size for even cooking. Place potatoes in ziploc bag. Toss with oil. Add spices and mix until coated. Place potatoes on baking sheets. Spread out so they're not touching. Bake for 15-25 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender and brown.

Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails