Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pretzel Jello Salad

My kids wanted to eat the pretzels and I told them they couldn't because it was for the jello. Then my 6 year old said, "Pretzels in jello! I'm not trying that." I know it sounds weird but it is seriously so good. The pretzels make the crust and with the cream layer it kind of tastes like white chocolate covered pretzels. Yum! Whenever I make this for my husband's family everyone goes crazy over it. It's my favorite jello recipe ever. It's technically a jello salad but it actually tastes more like dessert. It's perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas but it's great any time of the year.

Printable Recipe

Pretzel Jello Salad


2 cups pretzels, crushed but not fine
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
8 oz cool whip
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 (3 oz) pkg strawberry jello
20 oz frozen sliced strawberries

Mix pretzels, butter, and 1 Tbsp sugar. Smooth out in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes. Cool for 1 hour.

Beat 1 cup sugar, cool whip, and cream cheese. Spread over cooled pretzels.

Mix boiling water with jello. Reduce heat to low and add frozen strawberries. Stir for about 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

1 comment:

joyce said...

mmm, I can almost taste it... mmmmmmm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails