Thursday, December 23, 2010

Almond Roca Toffee

I think I've gone a little overboard with making Christmas treats this year. One of my biggest weaknesses is Christmas treats. If they're in my house I can't stop eating them. I have no self control. Here is another yummy treat for you to enjoy!

Printable Recipe

Almond Roca Toffee
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

1 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar
2 (3 oz) pkg slivered almonds
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 (3 oz) pkg sliced almonds

Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Melt butter over low heat. Add sugar. (If you are using unsalted butter add 3/4 tsp salt) Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5-6 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Stir until mixture is golden brown. Add slivered almonds. Once mixture comes to a boil, clip a candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Continue stirring over medium heat as mixture darkens and reaches the hard crack stage which is a temperature of 300 degrees. Immediately take off stove and spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let melt. Put a foil tent over the pan to keep in the heat. Once the chocolate is melted, smooth with a spoon. Sprinkle almonds on top. Cool in fridge and crack into pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails