Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fish Tacos

I love fish tacos! I always order them at restaurants but I've never made them. I figured it couldn't be that hard, right? This is the first fish taco recipe I have tried and it was so good! My kids were a little skeptical at first because they've never had fish tacos before but they gave it a try. My four year old complained a little but still ate it. My six year old, who was the most skeptical, said this is the best thing he's ever eaten. So there you go. If you can get rave reviews from a six year old then I think you have an amazing dish.

Printable Recipe

Fish Tacos
adapted from Annie's Eats

1 lb white fish (halibut, cod, tilapia)
marinade:
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
3 Tbsp minced cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste

cilantro cream sauce:
juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp minced cilantro
6 oz. nonfat greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1 clove garlic, minced
pepper to taste

toppings:
chopped tomatoes
diced green onions
shredded cabbage
corn or flour tortillas

Combine lime juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, cilantro, cumin, and garlic. Whisk together until well blended. Add fish and coat well. Marinate for 15-30 minutes.

To make cilantro cream sauce, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat until the pan is very hot. Place fish in the pan and cook for 3 minutes without disturbing. Flip to the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove to plate and season with salt. Let rest for a few minutes. Shred fish into bite size pieces.

Microwave tortillas until warm and pliable. Assemble tacos in tortillas with fish, cream sauce, and toppings.

serves 4-6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails