Monday, March 26, 2012

Grasshopper Brownies

One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and mint. So when I tried these brownies I was in love! My sister-in-law Joyce gave me this recipe after she made these for a few different family parties. Everyone always goes nuts over these brownies. This might even be my new favorite!


Grasshopper Brownies
2 boxes brownie mix

Mint Frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
4 drops green food coloring

Chocolate Topping:
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract

To make brownies, follow the recipe for "cake-like" brownies. If there isn't one, add 2 more eggs. Pour into a large, greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 32 minutes. Cool completely.

To make mint frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, water, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Beat together until mixed well. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate until hard on top.

To make chocolate topping, microwave chocolate chips and butter for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens and is no longer hot. Spread over mint topping on brownies. Refrigerate until hard. 

Makes about 35 brownies

Past recipes:
One year ago: Stuffed Poblanos

2 comments:

reddhottredds said...

I'm not eating any treats for another 5 weeks. I'm sad I looked at your blog because those look SO good!

joyce said...

Mmmm, I can almost smell that delightful peppermint smell. Yum! Thanks Mandy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails