Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies


I'm really not a huge fan of peanut butter but my husband loves it. So I'll occasionally make a peanut butter dessert for him. But I have to admit that these are now my new favorite cookies. They kind of remind me of Nutter Butters, which I love, but they were a lot softer. The only complaint I have about these cookies is there wasn't quite enough. I wanted more! These cookies went really fast with my husband and 4 kids eating them. Next time I'll double the recipe.

Printable Recipe

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies


3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup quick oats

filling:
3 Tbsp butter at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Place butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Using the paddle attachment, cream together at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix on low until just incorporated. Stir in oats until evenly blended.

Use a small cookie dough scoop and portion out the dough (about 2 tsps). Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating cookie sheet halfway through. Let cool for 5 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely.

To make filling combine butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Cream together until combined. Add heavy cream and mix until smooth and fluffy. After the cookies have cooled, pair them up by size. Spread frosting onto cookies, top with remaining cookie, and press down so the filling reaches the edge. (This filling makes exactly enough to fill the cookies so if you want more filling increase recipe by 50%)

Makes about 18 sandwich cookies

Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails