Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stuffed Poblanos

I started getting Bountiful Baskets a few weeks ago. I love it! I love the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables I get for the money and I love trying new things. This week I ordered the Mexican pack, which contained poblano peppers. I wasn't sure what to do with them because I've never cooked them or even eaten them before. I thought of making stuffed poblanos but I needed a recipe. I looked online at many recipes and I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. So I came up with this. It was so good. I'll definitely be making them again. Hopefully I'll get poblano peppers in my basket again.

Printable Recipe

Stuffed Poblanos


6 poblano peppers
1 lb ground beef
2 green onions, sliced
1-2 tsp jalapenos, diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
lime juice, to taste

Place poblano peppers under the broiler directly on the rack. Cook for 15-20 minutes until charred, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once they are cooled peel off the skin. Cut off the tops and carefully remove the seeds. Set aside.

In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add green onions and jalapenos. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.

Carefully stuff mixture into each poblano pepper. Make sure you stuff the mixture all the way down to the bottom of the pepper. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Squeeze some lime juice over the top of the peppers. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Serves 6

*I had a small amount of filling left over so I saved it to make burritos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails