Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ladybug Cake


I've never considered myself to be a great cake decorator but I love making fun cakes for my kids' birthdays. My baby turned 2 last week so I made her this cute ladybug cake. It was so easy to make and I thought it turned out great. 
Side View

My cute girl with her cake.


Ladybug Cake
1 cake baked in a 1 1/2 qt bowl
1 cupcake
Junior Mints or Mini Oreos
M&M's 
chocolate or black licorice
red frosting

After baking the cake and cupcake, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for easier frosting. When ready to frost, remove plastic wrap. Cut the top of the bowl cake to make it flat on the bottom when you turn it upside down. Turn the cake and cupcake upside down and frost with red frosting. Top with Junior Mints or Mini Oreos for the dots. Place the M&M's on the cupcake for the eyes and the licorice for the antennas. 

*Note: I used the recipe for Vanilla Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. I poured half of the batter into a 1 1/2 qt bowl and made a dozen cupcakes with the remaining batter. I baked the cupcakes as directed and baked the bowl for about 50-55 minutes.

Recipe adapted from Family Fun

Past recipes:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails