Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shredded Beef Chimichangas


When we blessed our baby a few months ago we served roast beef sandwiches at the luncheon afterwards. I made way too much roast beef so I had a ton left over. I froze it but I didn't really know what to do with it. I'm not the most creative person and I usually need to follow a recipe to make anything. So coming up with a recipe on my own is really a stretch for me. I actually came up with this on my own. I combined the roast beef with some different spices and it was actually pretty good. Especially if you serve it with home made salsa and guacamole. It's definitely something I'll make again when I have leftover roast beef.

Printable Recipe

Shredded Beef Chimichangas
3 cups cooked shredded roast beef
1/2 cup salsa
1 can green chilies
3 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
flour tortillas
shredded cheese
vegetable oil

Combine beef with salsa, green chilies, and spices. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Microwave tortillas until they are warm and pliable. Place meat mixture down the center of tortillas. Top with cheese. Roll up on all sides tightly. Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry in oil for about 2 minutes on each side until crispy and golden. Serve with salsa and guacamole.

Serves 6-8

2 comments:

reddhottredds said...

They look yummy! YAY for creating new recipes. I'm like you....I have a hard time creating things but it has started to come easier over time. Miss ya!

AnickH said...

True chimichanga recipes (ones that are actually fried) are hard to find, especially good ones (this one because it has cheese,) so thanks for the post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails