Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

I LOVE chicken fajitas! I love all Mexican food in general, but especially fajitas. This recipe is pretty simple and it's pretty healthy too. My kids love it! I can always tell how good something is by how much they eat. When they eat as much as I do then I know it's really good.


Printable Recipe


Chicken Fajitas
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 small bell peppers, cut into strips
1 small onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup salsa
10 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
sour cream
guacamole


Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender. Stir in chicken, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve in tortillas. Top with sour cream and guacamole. 


serves 4-6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails