Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Penne Gorgonzola Chicken



Like bleu cheese, I think gorgonzola is an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it. I love it! I saw this recipe on My Kitchen Cafe and I knew I had to try it. It was so good! Anything made with butter, cream, and cheese has to be good, right? It definitely isn't the healthiest meal but I think it's okay to indulge every once in a while.  


Printable Recipe


Penne Gorgonzola Chicken
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe


1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lb penne pasta
1/2 cup butter
1 pt. heavy cream
4 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. nutmeg


Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill. Set aside and keep warm while pasta is cooking. Cook pasta according to directions on package. While pasta cooks make sauce. Melt butter and heat to boiling. Stirring constantly, simmer for one minute. Slowly add cream and heat to a low boil. Stirring constantly, boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and add gorgonzola, parmesan, and nutmeg. Stir until melted. Serve over noodles and top with chicken. 


Serves 6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails