Monday, February 6, 2012

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

I've always loved brussels sprouts. My family, not so much. We had brussels sprouts in our Bountiful Baskets two weeks in a row and I was so excited. The first week, I roasted them with olive oil and salt and pepper. My 3 year old loved them but my other kids hated them. So when we got them the second time, I found this recipe with bacon. I knew they would be delicious because everything is better with bacon, right? I told my kids they had to try them even though they hated them the first time and guess what? They loved them! Now I'm actually craving this. It was so good!

Printable Recipe

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
3 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup diced onion
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon grease. Add thyme and onion and saute for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken broth and brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 6-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.

Recipe adapted from Cooking Light

Past recipes:
One year ago: Lindt Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes
Two years ago: Oven Fried Chicken

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails