Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I love chicken pot pie but I've never had a recipe that I loved. I saw this recipe on Mel's Kitchen and I thought I'd give it a try. It was so good! Thanks Melanie!!!
Printable Recipe

Chicken Pot Pie
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups cubed chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced carrots
1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup frozen peas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk
1/2 tsp crushed thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp butter
pastry for pie crust (can use refrigerated or frozen, I used 2 crusts so I could have one on the bottom and one on the top)

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add onions and cook until chicken is cooked through.

Boil carrots and potatoes until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add chicken mixture, peas, soup, milk, thyme, pepper, and butter. 

Roll out pie crust into 9-inch pie dish. Press down. Cut off any excess on the sides. Pour chicken mixture into pie dish. Roll out pie crust over pie dish and seal. Cut three 3" slices down the center. Brush with milk. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails