Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches

I've never been a huge fan of french dip sandwiches. Something about the soggy bread was never very appealing to me. Then I tried these sandwiches at a relief society activity. I was hooked. I've been making them ever since.

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
1 lean beef roast, 3-4 lbs
1 beef bouillon cube
3-4 peppercorns
1 tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup soy sauce
hoagie rolls

Trim visible fat from roast. Place in crock-pot. Combine soy sauce, bouillon, and spices. Pour over roast. Add water and almost cover roast. Cook on low heat 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove meat, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork. Serve on rolls with reserved broth for dipping.

Makes about 12 servings

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails