Monday, April 26, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Caramel Bars

This recipe came from My Kitchen Cafe. I love caramel so I thought I would try them. They are a lot like my recipe for caramel brownies. Next time I might try making them with less chocolate but if you like a lot of chocolate they are really good like this. 
Printable Recipe


Oatmeal Chocolate Caramel Bars
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup melted butter
11 oz. package caramel bits (in the chocolate chip section)
1/2 cup whipping cream or milk
12 oz. package milk chocolate chips


Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and butter. Place half in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Meanwhile, melt caramels with milk or cream over low heat. Remove bars from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour melted caramel on top. Sprinkle the rest of the crust over the caramel. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.


Makes 24 bars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails