Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simple Sprite Cake

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best cake decorator. I've tried to make creative, fun cakes for my kids' birthdays but they never turn out how I want them to and they take way too much time. So I just use a yummy recipe and decorate it with toys. We just celebrated my little girl Paige's 2nd birthday. She loves Tinkerbell so I wanted to make her a Tinkerbell cake. I found the recipe for the cake on Bakerella. It was a really easy recipe using a cake mix and some other ingredients. It was so moist. I loved it! The cake tasted great, it didn't take me too long to make, and now Paige's has some new Tinkerbell toys to play with.

Here is Paige with her Tinkerbell cake.
Printable Recipe


Simple Sprite Cake
1 white cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
8 oz. sprite
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Combine all ingredients. Mix on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Pour into cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick come out clean. 




Buttercream Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
1-3 tsp. milk
food coloring


Cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add sugar. Mix until blended well. Add desired food coloring. To make frosting creamier, add milk 1 tsp. at a time. Beat on high. 


*This frosts two 9-inch pans. Next time I think I might make more because I would have liked a little more frosting. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails